Apple hat am gestrigen Abend eine aktualisierte zweite Beta von macOS High Sierra für Entwickler freigegeben. Es ist das nächste große Release des Betriebssystems für Macbook, Macbook Pro, Mac Pro und den iMac.
Entwickler können ihren Mac im Developer Portal von Apple als Entwicklergerät registrieren und erhalten dann automatisch über den App Store die neuesten macOS High Sierra Entwicklerbetas. Ist das bei euch der Fall sollte das neue überarbeitete Testrelease ab sofort automatisch verfügbar sein.
Hier die Änderungen von macOS High Sierra im Detail:
• Added AVRoutePickerView to the AVKit framework and AVRouteDetector to the
AVFoundation framework for enabling users to choose the route for playing content
when multiple routes are available. Use AVRouteDetector to determine if multiple
routes are available when route detection is enabled. If multiple routes are available, use
AVRoutePickerView to present an interface for the user to choose the routes. The
functionality of AVRoutePickerView is disabled in this beta.
• Resetting the NVRAM on a Mac with a bootable APFS partition prevents that partition
being used as the startup partition. (33013161, 32991435)
Workaround: Use Startup Manager to select the APFS partition as the boot partition. To
open Startup Manager, hold the Option key immediately after rebooting the Mac.
• Time Machine is disabled for macOS High Sierra 10.13 beta 2 update 1 (17A291m). Apple
recommends turning off Time Machine for APFS volumes on earlier versions of macOS
10.13 beta 2 as the space for snapshot files may not be freed correctly. (33006905)
3rd Party Apps
• League of Legends may quit unexpectedly on Mac models from 2012 and later.
• Microsoft Outlook 15.35 and later now launch on macOS 10.13 beta.
• Enabling Dwell Control during an upgrade from macOS Sierra to macOS 10.13 beta no
longer blocks the use of the system clock, other menu extras, the Assistive Control, or the
Accessibility Preference pane. (32515238)
Apple File System (APFS)
• Encrypted APFS volumes can’t be decrypted. Decryption support will be added in an
• Fixed an issue that prevented enabling FileVault on APFS volumes.
• Unsupported configurations in this seed release:
• HDD-only Macs currently are not converted to APFS by default.
• Some iMacs with 3TB Fusion drives and BootCamp may be unsupported for use with
• APFS support for Mid 2012 Mac Pro will be included in an upcoming seed.
• An APFS container on a Fusion drive can have only 1 macOS 10.13 volume.
• The encryption policy used for unencrypted APFS volumes that are converted to FileVault
can cause the system to select the wrong block offset during the encryption process. This
issue will be resolved in an upcoming beta, and will require the affected volumes to be reencrypted.
Encrypted HFS+ volumes that have are converted to APFS are unaffected.
• There is a known issue where APFS systems with FileVault enabled cannot reset their
password with iCloud.
• Resizing APFS containers is currently not supported in Disk Utility.
Workaround: In Terminal, use the diskutil tool to resize APFS containers.
• Some third-party applications may not correctly recognize volumes that are formatted
• CloudKit does not support unsigned long long values with the high-order bit set.
• Applications that use CKModifyRecordsOperation should specify an appropriate
value for CKModifyRecordsOperation.isAtomic. if your client is compiled against
watchOS 4.0, operations enqueued against the default CKRecordZone have new
behavior because atomic is true by default. If the operation hits a „preflight“ failure
(most commonly, a network issue uploading a CKAsset, or a malformed CKRecord), the
entire operation is canceled. (30838858)
Content Caching > Share Internet connection
• Closing and then reopening System Preferences no longer causes the Content Caching
service to restart.
• Tethered iOS devices use only Wi-Fi when both Wi-Fi and USB Ethernet are available.
Workaround: Disable Wi-Fi on the tethered iOS devices.
• Live Photo support will be added in an upcoming beta.
• When iCloud recovery is enabled on an encrypted APFS volume, Password Reset no
longer shows an error that iCloud recover is not enabled.
• When copying files the progress indicator may persist after the copy completes.
Workaround: Log out of your account and log back in, or restart your Mac.
• Added a scheduling API to URLSessionTask that allows background URLSession
clients to schedule tasks in the future, enabling easy background app refresh semantics
for apps, watchOS complications, and more. The API also allows developers to update
requests before transmission to address cases where the request has become stale when
scheduled in the future. Additions include the earliestBeginDate,
countOfBytesClientExpectsToReceive properties of URSessionTask, and the
of URLSessionTaskDelegate protocol. (27866330)
• URLSessionTask adopts the ProgressReporting protocol providing a consistent
mechanism for URLSession clients to track the progress of URLSessionTask using
the new progress property. (30834550)
• Added an Adaptable Connectivity API to URLSession that enables tasks to automatically
monitor and wait for satisfactory network connectivity, instead of immediately failing with
an error when connectivity is unsatisfactory. Additions include the
waitsForConnectivity property of URLSessionConfiguration and the
URLSession:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity: method of the
• Added support for HTTP brotli content encoding to URLSession. By default, HTTP
requests contain a br value (in addition to gzip and deflate) for the Accept-Encoding
HTTP header, informing the web server that the user agent supports brotli encoding. The
web server can send an HTTP body with Content-Encoding: br in the HTTP header
to indicate that the content is brotli-encoded. URLSession automatically decompresses
the HTTP body data and passes the decoded data back to the client in the same way it
does for Content-Encoding: gzip. For binary compatibility reasons, URLSession
brotli support is enabled only for apps built using the macOS 10.13 SDK. (27724985)
• Reads and writes on a secure connection that use the new authenticating HTTPS proxy
feature of URLSessionStreamTask now work correctly. (31916868)
HEVC and HEIF Images
• macOS High Sierra 10.13 adds HEVC and HEIF decode capability. In order to display HEIF image files
or HEVC videos captured on iOS 11, your Mac needs to be updated to macOS 10.13.
• The specific hardware and software requirements for HEVC and HEIF are detailed in the
WWDC 2017 presentations covering these new technologies. Depending on the
capabilities of your Mac and the needs of your content, AVFoundation may use a
software-based HEVC encoder which typically has longer encoding times. Further finetuning
of the encoding quality will occur in subsequent seeds.
• Third-party apps that do not rely on the macOS High Sierra-provided media frameworks may not
properly handle these new formats.
• When you initially login to iCloud on macOS High Sierra10.13, you may find that some services do not
sync correctly. If this happens, please log out of iCloud and log back in. This should allow
your account to login fully and sync all services.
• Reinstalling macOS High Sierra 10.13 from the Recovery OS no longer requires using Disk Utility to
unlock your FileVault-encrypted volume.
Kernel Extension Loading
• Some third-party apps may not fully handle instances where their kernel extension is
denied user consent to load.
• Kernel extensions blocked in early boot do not display an alert.
• Hindi localization has been added to macOS High Sierra.
• Some text may not be localized to the selected system language.
• Some languages may have clipped or misaligned layout.
Mac App Store
• Device-based Volume Purchase Program apps now install correctly.
• Enabling iCloud Messages now works if the Mac is not connected to the internet.
• Reflections may return incorrect information.
• Debug layers can generate false warnings about Indirect Argument Buffer sizes.
• NetInstall is not supported in this beta.
• System Image Utility does not work with APFS volumes.
• Wi-Fi password sharing and Personal Hotspot sharing on beta 2 don’t work with devices
running beta 1. (32500217)
• Simulator now works on the Mid-2010 MacBook Pro models with an NVIDIA 320m.
• Password Reset states that iCloud recovery is not enabled on an encrypted APFS volume
even if it is enabled.
• Photos no longer unexpectedly quits when importing a folder that contains sub-folders.
• Photos no longer fail to import from iOS 10 devices.
• Printing documents with headers and footers may result in garbled or blank output, or in
the application quitting unexpectedly.
Workaround: Disable printing of headers and footers in the Print dialog.
• Bookmarks in the Favorites Bar or in the Bookmarks Menu may be missing.
Workaround: Add the bookmarks back to favorites or to the menu from the Bookmarks
Sidebar. To open the sidebar, choose View > Show Bookmarks Sidebar.
• Switching to full screen video, or scrubbing video in YouTube may result in the video
content no longer updating even though audio continues to play.
• Search suggestions now appear in Safari.
• Changed the syncing system for Safari Bookmarks and Reading List across iCloudenabled
devices. Please report any bugs.
• Enabling FileVault in Setup Assistant no longer causes the system to hang in the “Setting
Up Your Mac” dialog.
• Setup Assistant does not support migrating iTunes. Users should refrain from updating
iTunes if prompted during Migration.
Workaround: iTunes can be updated later using Software Update.
• All Siri requests fail if iTunes is open in the background.
Workaround: Quit iTunes when you want to make Siri requests.
• Switching Siri’s voice from the settings screen plays a voice that is not the default voice
for several languages. The issue is resolved when the assets finishing downloading in the
• Macs with a volume formatted using HFS+ may reboot even if the update did not occur. To
find out if the updated installed, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, and check
the system version in the window that appears.
• After starting a software update, the installation progress may not be displayed for up to
fifteen minutes. Do not reboot your Mac during this time.
• The Mac may be stuck at a black screen with a cursor then first time you log in after a
Workaround: Restart your Mac.
• RectangleTracker no longer stops responding unexpectedly.
• The Vision API is now available from the macOS High Sierra 10.13 and iOS 11 SDKs even if
DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is set to a version earlier than the current OS.
• Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases,
such as video.
• Xcode 8 and earlier is now supported in macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta. (32146593)